Pages

Trying It On - Citrine Nails

Tuesday 6 September 2011


Deco-dence: matchy-matchy nails and my 1920's evening bag

Despite the fact that I have to keep my nails boy-short for reflexology (spearing the spleen reflex with a talon-tip wouldn't be considered good practice), I am seriously getting into blinging' shades. Today's nail industry is an exciting place to be - for sure. Instead of the limited shades of yester-year, we now have textures, tones and techniques that turn common-all-garden nails into something rather extraordinary. I plan to post more on this at a later date since it's worthy of a bit more waffle (have you noticed I like to waffle?) but, in the meantime, I'd like to share this colour 'cocktail' courtesy of Leighton Denny nails.

Word on Beauty Street (my neighbours are so glamorous), is that Autumn/Winter has a strong theme of jewel. Nothing new there then you may say. But these are retro-jewel tones - OK. A richer, more tarnished take that bears no resemblance to gaudy 80's gemstones. This particular combo perfectly works the look - if I do say so myself. 

Here, beauty therapist Emma, from Spoilt At Home, applied Leighton Denny Graycious followed by Golden Girl - £11 each, from John Lewis. The deep gray cuts some of the warmth from the gold creating the most stunning citrine hue. 

Graycious

Golden Girl

Worn individually each shade looks great but together are a match made in heaven. If you haven't used Leighton before I can attest that the finish is exceptional; glossy, plush, salon-fresh. Definately worth a try. 

Voila!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs