Pages

Cinderela B Goes To The Ball

Tuesday 11 October 2011

It's been one of those ugly-sister weeks where I've felt tired and drab; more like an old husk than a human being. Everything has been going wrong. In my woe-is-me state I decided a nice sparkly treat was in order and swung by - as I do on such occasions - the local gift boutique before collecting BB from nursery. I've been bringing the boy to this particular shop (heavy on the Cath Kidston and Woman & Home type furnishings), since the days when his eyes were milk-drunk and navy blue. 


Cinderela B snake chain earrings from
 the glitterati collection, £25


With BB in tow I shop with a tunnel vision approach since there's no time for the subtler pleasures of browsing. When I'm alone I get to potter, pause and hear myself think - it's quite a thrill. Fired-up with the promise of a purchase I spotted these Cinderela B earrings (pictured above) which tick all the gift-to-self boxes. A little bit sexy with the gold-plated chain detail, enough of a statement to feel fashion-forward, just the right amount of weight, glitz and glamour... SOLD! to the lady on the edge. Chip and pin - kerching!

One of the things I love best about reading blogs, blogging and sharing via social media is the way in which shiny gems of information are unearthed and passed on; word of mouth becomes word of Facebook and Twitter. So, I'm going to do a little shout out and say that I'd highly recommend a look at the rest of the range. The pieces are beautiful, unusual and - considering the quality - very accessibly priced. I'm pleased as punch with my earrings. 

If your treat budget is heftier head straight on down to the Couture Vintage collection. Here, you'll find stunning, one-off designs created using assorted vintage 1920's to 1980's jewellery components. I'm in love with this Mad Men-esque necklace which debuts a selection of chains and blue marble set in glass, dating from the 1950's.


Indigo necklace from the couture vintage collection, £170



Fit for a princess packaging

Such limited-edition luxury is surely guaranteed to give the most fraught days a fairytale ending. Wouldn't you just feel like the belle of the ball?


No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs