Pages

Reviewed: Rockalily Lipstick in Pompadour Pink

Friday 23 December 2011

I have been itching to write about this lippy for weeks but life - and a torturous amount of coursework - has conspired against me. Now, with my file finally FILED (praise the Lord), I'm as free as a bird to blather. So blather I will. I stumbled across @RockalilyLondon on Twitter. ReeRee, the founder of the lipstick range, kept twirling around my timeline with intriguing tweets so I decided to have a nosey at how Rockalily rolls; which is with a big nod to Rockabilly and a saucy wink to vintage, pin-up style.                                  

Makes the boys wink: Rockalily lipstick in Pompadour Pink

Though I'm a lot less high-maintenance than the days when Katie Puckrick was my beauty idol and Sunday's were spent hauling a banging hangover around the jumble at Portobello Road, I do still have a penchant for arched brows, leopard print and a latent love of lipstick so fierce it owns your face. The latter I just never, ever wear. 

But then, on the Rockalily site, I spied ReeRee's Pompadour Pink lipstick and had an, err, re-think. The name sang to me, the colour - a hot pink with cool undertones of magenta - grabbed me and the gallery of real gals (wearing the actual shades in their own style), made me think y'know what? that might just suit me too. Straight to PayPal.

Intense colour straight from the bullet

So here I am rocking Rockalily. I'd had a whole 4 hours sleep the night before - s'cuse the wan face - but wowza, just check out that lip colour. It's a fresh, punchy pink with cool blue almost lilac undertones that makes your eyes and teeth look that little bit whiter. The texture is creamy, ultra-moisturising (thanks to vitamin E, apricot kernel oil and lanolin), and the colour pay-off superb. Pompadour Pink is billed as a semi-gloss formula so I was expecting it to perhaps go on patchily - not a bit of it. The photo above shows two full swipes + evening out with a lip brush = perfect coverage. Love the fact that the bullet has a squared-off tip which makes application so easy too. I also noticed another benefit; as you get older your natural lip colour fades (sighs), and your lip shape softens but a bright lippy really perks up the peripheries of your pout again. Result.

Although Pompadour Pink would look amazing against a cool skin tone I love the way it jars against warmer complexions - I'm on the anaemic olive side. Below is a close-up that's pretty true to tube and I've also pictured the rather lovely Rockalily packaging, sadly only after BB ripped it to shreds. Little boys just don't appreciate beauty.



Anyhow, I'm so impressed with this lippy - did I mention it wears brilliantly well? - that I will definitely be heading back to Rockalily for a vintage rouge version. When the New Year doldrums set in what better way to face the day then with a spirit-lifting, lovely new lipstick?

Lipstick to make your pout perkier ;)

*Rockalily Lipsticks are £14 plus £2.50 p&p for up to three lipsticks.


8 comments:

GlossQueen said...

That is such a beautiful colour on you!

Hannah Adams said...

Thank you :) It's such a fresh and cheery shade x

ReeRee Rockette said...

Wow - I love your photos!! Beautiful! Glad you love your lippy! xx

Hannah Adams said...

Ah, thank you! We've just got a new camera and I was experimenting. Thought the shoe fitted perfectly :) X

Mammasaurus said...

You've made me want to experiment and try a bright colour now!

Hannah Adams said...

Yay! Thank you for your comment :) Go for it, I say. It's such a great, flattering shade x

Unknown said...

That is such a gorgeous colour! I've been hearing about the Rockalily lipsticks so much lately but I think you've just tipped me over the edge. I really like the glossy finish too.

Hannah Adams said...

It's a great finish because it's glossy but it doesn't go patchy in the centre of the lips as some do. I'd describe it as a semi cream/semi gloss if that makes sense! The reds look gorgeous too. I'm definitely going back for more! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs