Pages

Mane Message: Summer Hair DO!

Tuesday 5 June 2012

The fresh tie-dye collection

Last week, when temperatures in London climbed to an out of character 28 degrees and wearing my long hair loose definitely felt like a hair DON'T, I spied a sponsor box on one of my favourite blogs - Creature Comforts - for the Etsy shop Mane Message. After heading on over and scrolling through the sun-soaked wares on offer I couldn't pass up on posting about these gorgeous, mood-brightening hair accessories. 

The premise of the line couldn't be simpler. Soft elastic hair bands and headbands that don't crimp unsightly creases into the hair and double as bracelets whilst they're waiting to be called into action. How's that for functional chic?

Hair candy: a small selection of the sweet things on offer at mane message

The hand dyed colour combinations, inspired by current fashion trends and boho beach culture, really caught my eye - so fresh, breezy and buyable. After much deliberation I opted for the Tie Die Starter Package (below) priced $7.00 or approx £4.67. This includes four of Mane Message's most popular ties with the choice of 4 options for colour combining. I chose the shades pictured (left) and asked for the fourth tie to be nude or peach toned. This seemed like a good way to sample the range and to gauge how the bands would sit on my small-ish wrists. There are mini bands available should you prefer a snugger fit. 


Mane message began as a dormitory sideline for student Olivia Hayward but has now become a successful business in its own right. Love that young, entrepreneurial spirit.

I'd highly recommend a look at Olivia's Etsy shop or her website to view the full range of pick 'n' mix colourways and package options on offer. Sometimes buying from overseas can be prohibitive on cost but these ties seem very reasonable. Shipping to the UK costs $3 (approx £2) on a single order with a 47p postage charge on each additional item. 

I'm so looking forward to receiving my purchases, binning my scrappy clips and bobbles and bringing a slice of Californian sunshine to (err) South East London. x 

* The images in this post are reproduced with kind permission and are the work of photographer Cara Robbins


1 comment:

Olivia Hayward said...

Hannah,

Thank you so much for the sweet writeup! I appreciate your support!!!

Olivia

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs