Pages

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub

Tuesday 17 September 2013


With a chill settling in the air I've decided to try and get a head start on warding off winter-sore, chapped lips. Prevention being better than cure and all that.

It's been a long time since I set foot in a LUSH store, largely because I find the polarising aromas of soaps and bathbombs hanging heavily in the air fairly overwhelming. Still, as I'd read about LUSH's new colour make-up line and have, in the past, been seriously impressed with some of their perfumes I left  my son and husband gagging and complaining outside my local branch whilst I browsed.


In the event, the vanilla extract, peppermint oil and tagetes oil (an anti-inflammatory addition) combine to produce a sweet mint-choc flavour just shy of sickly. Although the texture of the scrub is less sticky and more crumbly than I expected - do use over a sink as it tends to drop a little - when applied to and worked over the lips you can really feel the conditioning joboba oil providing slip. LUSH suggest that the product can be licked off (and I can see why as it tastes delicious) but since this is often what makes lips cycle into dryness I use a dampened cotton pad instead. 


Post scrub lips feel baby smooth, plump and soft but you will need to follow with a decent, nourishing balm since it does such an excellent job of whisking dry patches of skin away potential tender spots can be left exposed to the elements.

All in all however, I am very pleasantly surprised at how effective this lovely little product is and see it being an absolute winter beauty workhorse. Team with Lanolips or Kiehl's Lip Balm for chap-free comfort.

* Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub is £5.50 for 25g

Hannahx

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs